How to Present Value Over Price In Your Contracting Business and what is really the perceived value as opposed to your pricing structure and how that affects your profitability. I’m going through a checklist that will help you raise the perceived value of your business so that you can charge more. Making more profit at the time of sales and how to do that effectively, because if your customers don’t know the additional things that you have for sale, you’re both missing the boat. What are your other services how do you present them to your customers?
Selling value is a way of positioning your company in all of your marketing. Make sure you provide a value proposition for the services you provide and why you’re different than any other contractor in your trade or niche. Using a funnel of great marketing to attract clients like this is the way to go. Basically, you are preparing them with information in the form of a recorded message or report. It really doesn’t matter what your competition is charging because if you set yourself apart from them as a value-based business as opposed to price, your way ahead of the game and you’re going to leave your competition in the dust.
With the value building system from this checklist, I’m going to give you a few secrets then you will attract clients that are used to paying a premium for real value. So in reality, raising the bar on perceived value teaches you that value is everything.
Here are a few ways that you can go to your customer by raising the perceived value your customer has of your company. Some of these are pretty simple and you may be doing some these right now. If you are great! But some of these you may have never even considered doing so pay attention, I will go to this list fairly quickly.
- Makes sure your vehicle and your equipment are in pristine shape. Be clean and organized because you’re making an impression on your new clients and it needs to be a good one.
- Make sure that you, your technicians and your helpers are well groomed and well dressed.
- Offer a courtesy call if you’re running behind. This shows you are cognizant of your prospect or customer’s time, that it’s valuable and the only thing that cannot be replaced.
- Answering the phone when it rings and not let it go to voicemail whenever possible. People are calling for a reason and when they want to talk to you and they want to know about your services.
- Next, if you have a website for your business make sure as a modern look and feel to it. It’s your face in the marketplace.
- Be aware of what your customers want, research and find out how you can give those to your customer or make them available for them because today’s consumer is very well educated.
- Educate your prospects and your customers about all the service you provide and why they can trust you. The key is education.
- When you’re going into some one’s home always clean up after yourself, sweep, vacuum and put things away. Always make it better than when you got there.
- Another important thing is to leave a sheet of some aftercare things that you might do. Little things like that which no one else does set your company apart and are another thing that shows your professionalism.
- Another thing you might consider that sets you apart from your competition and puts you out front as the leader in your marketplace is to have your workers wear booties.
- Using drop clothes when you can. I’ll sometimes be painting and will run a drop cloth through the house to the place we are painting so that we are done we just roll up and clean up as we go.
These are just some things that will help you increase profits during your busy season. If you can get all this in place now, you just might now just have your most profitable slow season ever.
There are so many ways to do almost free marketing you just have to think about it or you could just go to the website and pick up the free download.
If you have a story to tell and would like to be a guest on this podcast email my assistant Shell at Shell@contractorssecretweapon.com and she will send you our guest sheet.
Would you like your phone to ring more with qualified buyers people looking to buy now? Then let’s make that happen. Best Home Services Leads is dedicated to making your phone ring with qualified buyers wanting to buy now. Go to and fill out the form to get more information. http://contractorssecretweapon.com/money
How about 100 free postcards sent out to your best prospective customers. Radius Bomb sends out hyper targeted, laser focused postcards using a map while sitting in your under ware at your kitchen table then go to http://contractorssecretweapon.com/radiusbomb
Painting Contractors, get up to a 24% better response rate just for having the right memorable telephone number 1-800-PRO-PAINTER.Check out your area before